1. Our commitment to your privacy
We are committed to keeping the personal details of our site visitors safe. This policy explains how and why we use your personal data, to ensure that you remain informed and in control of your information.
Any references to ‘Way Up’, ‘the Group’, or to ‘we’ or ‘us’ refer to:
· An unincorporated association of individual persons, whose partners have died.
· Way Up is neither a business nor a charity.
We use three key definitions to describe people mentioned in this policy. These are definitions used by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights (www.ico.org.uk)
· ‘Data subject’: this is you, one of our members and supporters. As the data subject, we respect your right to control your data.
· ‘Data controller’: this is us, Way up. With your permission, we determine why and how your personal data is used (as outlined in this policy).
· ‘Data processor’: this is a person, or organisation, who processes your data on our behalf, with your permission. For example, this might be an internet hosting company who provide a platform for internet forum.
We will never sell your personal data.
2. Why do we collect your personal data?
We use your personal data from this website to keep in touch with you. This will only be in response to data that you have provided via our “Contact Us” form.
We will only ever collect, store and use your personal data when we have an identified purpose and reason to do so. The ICO refers to this as a ‘lawful basis’.
The only purpose and reason that the website collects your personal data is to send you information about our group. We collect your personal data so that we can reply to the question(s) you raise via the “Contact Us” form.
3. What kind of personal data do we collect? How do we collect it?
a) Basic information
We collect the name and email address that you provide.
Our website is hosted by a third party and uses ‘cookies’ to help provide you with the best experience we can. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help to
· Make our website work as you’d expect
· Remember your settings during and between visits
· Improve the speed and security of the site
· Continuously improve our website for you
4. How do we store your data?
All of the personal data we collect is processed by our volunteers in the UK. However, for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance your information may be situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This will be done in accordance with guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information (using both physical and electronic means). Our volunteers receive data protection training.
b) Data retention policy
We will only use and store information for as long as it required for the purposes it was collected for. Our email@example.com email account automatically deletes data on a regular basis.
5. Your rights
We respect your right to control your data. Your rights include:
a) The right to be informed
This privacy notice outlines how we capture, store and use your data. If you have any questions about any elements of this policy, please contact us.
b) The right to rectification
If we have captured information about you that is inaccurate or incomplete you can update it.
For more information on your individual rights, please check the Information Commissioner’s Office website (www.ico.org.uk).
6. Leaving our website by external links
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other websites linked to our website. If you have followed a link from this website to another website you may be supplying information to a third party.
Responsibility for GDPR compliance lies with the administrator of any other group not directly affiliated with Way Up.
7. Get in touch
We update this policy periodically.
Last updated: June 2020